Friday, March 5, 2010

Thanks for your suggestions!

I want to thank everyone who commented on my last post about the ideal baby blanket size. A few preferred a smaller blanket, but most photographers would rather have a larger one to use as a backdrop. Since the yarn I wanted to use is quite expensive, a larger blanket may have ended up costing about $200. So, I went in a different direction and used my favorite yarn to make some new beanies and cocoons. I may take one suggestion and make a 17"x30" blanket in the future.

This is the Cream Fluffy Baby Beanie.



And here is the matching cocoon.


They are available in cream, tan and pink and all have a removable and repositionable bow.

I haven't completely abandoned the idea of making a new baby blanket. I've just returned from Michael's with a fresh supply of Bernat Cottontots yarn in green, blue and cream and I'm about to start making a checkered baby blanket. It probably won't appeal to photographers, but I'm sure it would make a lovely shower gift. I'll post pics when it's done.

No comments: